Please note that GamePay.events contains links to other sites and occasionally allows other sites to be co-branded with the GamePay.events name. Web sites that are linked to GamePay.events sites or carry the GamePay.events brand for co-branding or marketing purposes may have privacy policies which differ from that of the GamePay.events.
Our goal is to become your favorite Internet destination by providing the information, services, and product offerings that are most relevant to you. To achieve this goal, GamePay.events must collect information so we can understand what makes you different from its millions of other unique users. While you are not required to register for any services on the GamePay.events, some Products and Services may not function properly or may not be accessible unless you do.
Information collected online is usually defined as being either anonymous or personally identifiable.
WHAT INFORMATION OF YOURS DOES GamePay.events COLLECT?
1. GamePay.events collects anonymous information, which refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. For example, GamePay.events collects some information each time a visitor comes to a GamePay.events site so we can improve the overall quality of the visitor’s online experience. GamePay.events collects the visitor’s IP address, referral data (e.g., the Internet address of the last Web page visited by a user before clicking over to a GamePay.events site), and browser and platform type (e.g., an Explorer browser on a Microsoft platform). GamePay.events collects your responses to online surveys displayed on the GamePay.events; these anonymous and optional surveys will seek your opinions about the Products and Services or the advertisements displayed on the GamePay.events. You do not have to register with the GamePay.events before we can collect this anonymous information.
2. Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name and postal address. GamePay.events collects personally identifiable information in the following ways from different parts of its network of Web sites:
a. GamePay.events Registration: When you register to use one or more Products or Services on the GamePay.events, you may provide GamePay.events with such information as your name, postal address, ZIP Code, email address, birth date, gender, telephone number, occupation, marital status or other information. While not all of this data is required for our services to function, we are better able to customize your experience if you volunteer complete and accurate information. Users who complete the registration process are given a GamePay.events ID and can take full advantage of the many offerings across the GamePay.events.
b. Other Registration: In addition to registration for various Products or Services on the GamePay.events, we may ask you for personally identifiable information at other times, including when you enter a sweepstakes, contest or promotion sponsored by the GamePay.events. As described below, our co-brand partners also may ask for personally identifiable information. If you register for premium or subscription services, we will ask for a valid credit card number. If you choose not to provide the requested information, the GamePay.events may not be able to offer you some of the personalized services that depend on this type of information to function.
c. Correspondence: If you contact the GamePay.events, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We do not collect any email addresses of those who communicate with the GamePay.events via email. We use the information provided so that we may respond to the email.
GamePay.events reserves the right to collect certain information and store it in connection with your account. This information includes information about the different sites that you visit within the GamePay.events as well as the time and frequency at which you visit them. This information also includes the content that you transmit or post on GamePay.events. For further information about GamePay.events’s policy on maintaining transmitted or posted content, please see the GamePay.events Terms and Conditions.
2.WHAT ORGANIZATION IS COLLECTING THE INFORMATION?
When you register for a service within GamePay.events, that information is generally collected and maintained solely by GamePay.events unless specifically stated otherwise at the point of collection. If data is collected and/or maintained by any company other than GamePay.events, we will tell you at the point of collection. If you do not want to share your information with that company, you can choose not to use that service.
GamePay.events runs many promotions and sweepstakes across its Network. These promotions may be sponsored or co-sponsored by third-party companies. Data collected during a promotion is typically shared with the sponsor or co-sponsor. GamePay.events will inform you at the point of collection whether or not we are sharing your personal data as a result of your participation in a promotion or sweepstakes. If you do not want to have GamePay.events share your data, you can choose not to participate in the promotion or sweepstakes.
3.WHAT ARE “COOKIES”, “WEB BEACONS” AND “SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS” AND HOW DOES GamePay.events USE THEM?
In addition to the personally identifiable information that GamePay.events actively collects when you register, we also collect anonymous information passively using cookies and Web beacons. This technology plays an important role in making the Internet work, but there is much confusion among Internet users about what cookies and Web beacons are and how they are used.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from a Web site to the hard drive of your computer so that the site administrator may identify your computer and passively track its activities on the Web site. This unique number identifies your Web browser to our computer system whenever you visit one of the sites in the GamePay.events. A cookie will not allow a Web site to learn any personally identifiable information (such as your real name and address) that you have not otherwise disclosed.
1. Allow us to deliver products and services more efficiently. By storing certain registration and preference information on cookies or associating cookies with registration, preference or profile information stored on our computers, we can deliver products and services that use such information more quickly and efficiently for more users. This information is normally saved in an encrypted form that only GamePay.events can interpret.
2. Prevent others from using your account. On some GamePay.events sites, cookies help us efficiently determine that only one user is logged on under the same member name at a time.
3. Measure statistics such as audience size and traffic patterns. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your personally identifiable information.
Web beacons, also known as clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs, are small image files that GamePay.events may place on Web pages and within Web-based email newsletters that we send. Working in conjunction with cookies, Web beacons allow GamePay.events to accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific page on the GamePay.events and the number of times those pages are displayed. We can also use Web beacons to let us know how many people opened a Web-based email newsletter. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your personally identifiable information.
Without cookies and Web beacons, it would be difficult for GamePay.events to know which services have a larger audience than others. Tracking audience size helps us to better understand when to launch new services and enhance the current offerings. Keep in mind that any image file on a Web page can act as a Web beacon. Third-party advertising networks for GamePay.events may use Web beacons in their advertisements.
Because Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies, you can prevent our Web beacon from collecting anonymous information by setting your Web browser to refuse all cookies or the GamePay.events cookie in particular. Web beacons are built into our Web pages, so non-functional Web beacons will continue to appear even if you refuse the GamePay.events cookie.
Third parties use flash cookies, also known as “local shared objects,” on our sites that employ Flash technology. Flash cookies are small files similar to browser cookies and are used to remember the site’s settings to personalize the look and feel of the site. Like normal cookies, Flash cookies are represented as small files on your computer. One method of preventing Flash cookies from being placed is to adjust your preferences in the Macromedia Website Privacy Settings Panel at macromedia.com.
4.HOW DOES GamePay.events USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Any personally identifiable information you share with GamePay.events when registering for Products and Services at any of our Network sites is maintained and accessible only by GamePay.events unless specifically stated otherwise. GamePay.events requests information from its users so that users can enjoy customized experiences across GamePay.events, including personalization services, interactive communications, online games and much more. Most of these Products and Services are available to you at no cost, and GamePay.events displays advertisements so we can continue to provide great content and services free of charge. We can also better prepare future content based on your interests.
The following are examples of how GamePay.events may use the information it collects:
1. GamePay.events uses the information collected (both anonymous and personal) to personalize and enhance the content you see on GamePay.events, such as news, stock portfolios, weather reports, sports scores, horoscopes, advertisements and more. In some cases, our Products and Services cannot work unless you have volunteered accurate information (for example, we need your valid ZIP Code to display weather conditions in your local area).
2. GamePay.events collects anonymous data and shares it with third-party advertisers in an aggregate form. We will disclose to those advertisers the numbers of GamePay.events users who have certain demographic characteristics and the number of those people who have seen and “clicked” on a particular display. We will also disclose to those advertisers the overall demographics available regarding who saw and “clicked” on their advertisement. In addition, we may disclose anonymous results from online surveys to third-party advertisers or to GamePay.events’s product and service providers. No personally identifiable information will be disclosed as part of this process.
3. GamePay.events also uses the aggregate data to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our registered users and visitors, to measure user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of GamePay.events, and to analyze how and where best to use our resources. Without such data, we would not know which parts of GamePay.events are the most popular, and we would not be able to change and update the content and services appropriately. Please note that we may share this aggregate information with third-party companies.
4. GamePay.events sometimes uses an individual registered user’s data to “pre-populate” online forms that are displayed for the purpose of collecting additional individual data by GamePay.events, selected third-party sites, and/or sponsors and advertisers.
5. GamePay.events may, from time to time, use your information to contact you about changes or enhancements to Products and Services on GamePay.events, issues regarding your account, or GamePay.events Terms and Conditions violations or suspensions.
6. If you enter a sweepstakes or a contest on GamePay.events, we will use the information you provided to contact you in the event you win.
7. If you told GamePay.events that you were interested in receiving special offers from select GamePay.events clients, GamePay.events or third parties on GamePay.events’s behalf (i) will send you email and postal mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you, and (ii) may combine information we have about you with information we obtain about you from third parties for the purpose of providing you with more appropriate products, services, and offerings. If you do not wish to participate in this program, please follow the opt-out instructions set forth in Section 8 of this policy.
8. Subscription Customers: Your credit card information is used to collect your recurrent subscription fees for subscription services.
5.WITH WHOM DOES THE GamePay.events SHARE THE INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED?
When you find goods or services through GamePay.events Shopping, you submit data directly to the individual merchants from whom you order goods or services. Please review carefully the privacy policies of particular merchants that you access through GamePay.events Shopping.
GamePay.events may share non-personally identifiable information about individual users with its parent company, Optica Ventures, LLC., for purposes of providing targeted advertising both within and outside the GamePay.events.
If a third party acquires, or otherwise receives in a transaction with GamePay.events, one or more of GamePay.events Products and Services, then GamePay.events will transfer personally-identifiable information about users of those Products and Services to the third party. The third party will handle the Products and Services in accordance with its own policies and procedures and not in accordance with GamePay.events policies and procedures. You will be notified if your personally-identifiable information is transferred under these circumstances by an email sent to the email address you provided or by a posting on the site that offers the relevant Products or Services.
GamePay.events Domains Customers: Users of GamePay.events Domains will be required to designate an administrative contact and, in some instances, a technical contact for the domain names they register. GamePay.events will assume that the GamePay.events member who registers for the GamePay.events Domains service will serve as these contacts, although users will have the ability to designate other contacts. GamePay.events will disclose the name, address, phone number, fax number, and email address of the administrative and technical contacts to GamePay.events’s domain name provider, which in turn will make such information publicly available through an online WHOIS database.
6.HOW CAN YOU ACCESS OR EDIT YOUR INFORMATION?
GamePay.events provides its registered users the ability to access and edit or delete the personal information in their user profiles. You can access your user profile by following these steps:
1. Go directly to your profile page. You will receive a prompt to log in to the Network with your GamePay.events Member Name and password.
2. After you log in, you will be taken to your Account Details page which contains your user profile. If you see a field that needs to be updated, click the appropriate Edit button.
3. Make the necessary changes and click the “Save Changes” or “Save Address” button to save your changes.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
4.WHAT ARE THE POLICIES CONCERNING ADVERTISING ON GamePay.events?
GamePay.events works with third-party ad serving companies.
8.WHAT ARE THE POLICIES CONCERNING SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS?
GamePay.events may make certain software available for download. This software may be created by GamePay.events or by third party licensors. The software may be programmed to access our servers and/or third party servers in order for the software to operate and in order to check for program upgrades or enhancements. From time to time, new files may be added to your computer in order to upgrade the software or add new functionality to it. These changes may occur without notice to you. If at any time you wish to uninstall the software program, you may do so by following the instructions that accompany the software. Use of the software will be governed by a separate license agreement.
9.WHERE IS PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION STORED AND PROCESSED?
Personal information collected by GamePay.events may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which GamePay.events or its agents maintain facilities. By using GamePay.events, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
10. WHAT YOU CAN DO TO BETTER PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET?
Know the risks.
Meeting new people in an online community (chat room, forum, newsgroup, message board, Web page, etc.) is one of the best things about the Internet, but you should always be careful about disclosing personal information such as an actual name, member name, email address, and so on. This information may be collected and used by others within the online community to send unsolicited email messages from other parties, outside the GamePay.events. Some of the messages you receive may be useful to you, but some may not. In an effort to curtail unsolicited email, GamePay.events blocks certain email addresses and domains from sending messages to email addresses at our domains. To request removal of your personal information from our online community, contact us at support@GamePay.events. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Department of Education: Parents Guide to the Internet
Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Center for Democracy and Technology
http://www.cdt.org/privacy/ – Data Privacy
http://www.cdt.org/privacy/guide/ – Guide to Online Privacy
Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
Electronic Frontier Foundation – non-profit dedicated to protecting public interest in online privacy.
Net Nanny – child safety software that filters potentially harmful Web sites
Network Advertising Initiative
Online Privacy Alliance
The Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to:
GamePay.events Privacy Site Coordinator
18 Shipyard Drive Hingham, MA 02043
The GamePay.events will update this policy from time to time so please check back periodically.
Last Update: August 7, 2018