2008-2009 Goalie Development Camp – Okanagan Hockey
Our Development Goaltending Program is a week long camp that teaches the building blocks of fundamental goaltending skills. The Camp operates in conjunction with our Development Skaters Camp and is for Goalies born in 2008-2009.
This camp provides the young goalie with the opportunity to learn and development their skills in a positive and fun environment while meeting new teammates and making new friends.
The on ice focus is on:
- Body position and proper stance
- Angles and crease depth
- Save technique and rebound control
- Learning to move with speed, power and control
- Repetitive movement drills
- Integration into game situation drills
- Written goaltender evaluation and feedback
- End of camp championship game
- 4:1 goaltender to instructor ratio
- Detailed skill evaluation
2.5 hours of ice time daily (plus additional daily goalies only ice session)| Hockey specific dryland training | Half Day Sunday registration and ice session.